Using the Videx Videoterm with Assembly Language
John Newcombe
2018-02-05 23:48:35 UTC
Not sure if anyone would find this useful but I have just added an article on using the Videx Videterm 80 col card with assembly language. I was looking at writing a VT/Linux terminal emulator for the Apple II+ and realised that there wasn't too much info on the card with respect to assembler. I hope it helps someone. I'll publish the Terminal Emulator once I have something working.

https://glasstty.com/wiki/index.php/Using_the_Videx_Videoterm_with_Assembly_Language#Determine_the_Final_Address
Oliver Schmidt
2018-02-08 08:17:02 UTC
Hi John,
I was looking at writing a VT/Linux terminal emulator for the Apple II+ [...]
You might be interested in
https://github.com/oliverschmidt/ip65/blob/master/drivers/a2vt100.s

It‘s an assembly language VT100 emulation for the //e 80 col display. Given
that there‘s also a variant for the C64 and the Atari you can presume that
it‘s rather well suited to be adjusted to a different display.

Regards,
Oliver
Jorge
2018-02-08 09:05:02 UTC
Post by Oliver Schmidt
Hi John,
I was looking at writing a VT/Linux terminal emulator for the Apple II+ [...]
You might be interested in
https://github.com/oliverschmidt/ip65/blob/master/drivers/a2vt100.s
It‘s an assembly language VT100 emulation for the //e 80 col display. Given
that there‘s also a variant for the C64 and the Atari you can presume that
it‘s rather well suited to be adjusted to a different display.
Regards,
Oliver
I'll repost John's message as it's got lost in the cloud.
I am Rob
Would you happen to know if the same instructions work for the Ultraterm?
John Newcombe
2018-02-08 23:23:39 UTC
I don’t have any details of the Ultraterm. I could look at this once I have the Videoterm version completed.
Antoine Vignau
2018-02-09 03:27:52 UTC
Ultraterm info & manual @ http://mirrors.apple2.org.za/Apple%20II%20Documentation%20Project/Interface%20Cards/80%20Column%20Cards/Videx%20UltraTerm/

av
John Newcombe
2018-02-09 09:16:06 UTC
From looking at the manual that Antoine highlighted, it looks to work in the same way. I would therefore expect the code to work. Unfortunately, I don’t have an Ultraterm to try it with, perhaps I should keep my eyes open for one.
Jorge
2018-02-09 10:14:56 UTC
Post by John Newcombe
From looking at the manual that Antoine highlighted, it looks to work in the same way. I would therefore expect the code to work. Unfortunately, I don’t have an Ultraterm to try it with, perhaps I should keep my eyes open for one.
There's one here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.sys.apple2.marketplace/sj2KiKimgOs
John Newcombe
2018-02-09 10:32:53 UTC
Post by Jorge
Post by John Newcombe
From looking at the manual that Antoine highlighted, it looks to work in the same way. I would therefore expect the code to work. Unfortunately, I don’t have an Ultraterm to try it with, perhaps I should keep my eyes open for one.
There's one here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.sys.apple2.marketplace/sj2KiKimgOs
Many thanks, however, I am in the UK, making things slightly harder. With Customs and the Post Office each taking there cut it can make purchases (even private ones) expensive. This particular seller is only wanting to ship to US states so I will keep my eyes open though.
James Davis
2018-02-09 17:46:52 UTC
Post by John Newcombe
Post by Jorge
Post by John Newcombe
From looking at the manual that Antoine highlighted, it looks to work in the same way. I would therefore expect the code to work. Unfortunately, I don’t have an Ultraterm to try it with, perhaps I should keep my eyes open for one.
There's one here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.sys.apple2.marketplace/sj2KiKimgOs
Many thanks, however, I am in the UK, making things slightly harder. With Customs and the Post Office each taking there cut it can make purchases (even private ones) expensive. This particular seller is only wanting to ship to US states so I will keep my eyes open though.
Write to me privately, and we can discuss it.

John Newcombe
2018-02-08 23:22:12 UTC
Many thanks for the link, I will check it out.