2018-02-03 02:20:21 UTC
This post is asking for anyone with experience over-clocking a IIgs via a Transwarp GS. Over time I've done the following to my ROM01 IIgs with the Transwarp GS:
- Installed the Universal PSU Kit from ReactiveMicro
- Installed a fan onto the PSU case blowing inwards
- Have a laptop cooler fan pulling the air out of the top of the IIgs
- Replaced the CPU on the TWGS with a W65C816S6TPLG-14
- Installed the ByteBoosters DarkCache 32k Cache Board with version 1.8
- Installed the ByteBoosters High Speed GAL Set
- Per instructions, cut the bow-tie connections TC4 and TC5 on the TWGS
Using the TransWarp GS Reporter NDA, it shows the 32kb, and version 1.8 as well. But the system locks up with any oscillator faster than the original one that came with the TWGS. To be specific, system boots at 10mhz but locks up after maybe 2 minutes. At 12 and 12.5 mhz, the system boots but freezes even faster. Nothing but boot errors with anything faster than 12.5 mhz.
Some things I wonder: Maybe I didn't cut TC4 and TC5 deep enough? I think I did. Should I buy a new cable to connect to the motherboard? Should I apply dielectric grease to all pins to improve flow? Am I buying the wrong oscillators? Did I buy the wrong CPU?
Regarding heat, it's non-existent. The fan setup keeps things from getting even barely warm to the touch.