Apple II Quiz #5 - Who am I?
2017-09-22 18:11:14 UTC
Hi There,
On the Apple II enthusiasts group on Facebook and on Twitter, I post an Apple II quiz every one or two weeks. I realize now that I missed csa2 for the rest of us. So, here is the fifth quiz...
Antoine

Apple II quiz #5 - Who am I?
I am not a Doctor but you have all used my tools for your Apple II computer.
Anthony Ortiz
2017-09-22 18:36:06 UTC
Who is dr cat?
datawiz
2017-09-22 19:29:06 UTC
Post by Antoine Vignau
Hi There,
On the Apple II enthusiasts group on Facebook and on Twitter, I post an Apple II quiz every one or two weeks. I realize now that I missed csa2 for the rest of us. So, here is the fifth quiz...
Antoine
Apple II quiz #5 - Who am I?
I am not a Doctor but you have all used my tools for your Apple II computer.
Hmmmm, how about...

Watson/The Inspector (from Locksmith disk util)?
or
a Screwdriver (sonic or otherwise)
Anthony Ortiz
2017-09-22 19:37:27 UTC
He asked who am I, not what am I, so it's a person.
Anthony Ortiz
2017-09-22 19:50:53 UTC
Ohhhh NOW I know!

Dr Tom Turley! His name is on everything, even the Apple II ROM! He created most of the apple ii software out there, how did I miss that?!
Antoine Vignau
2017-09-22 21:01:00 UTC
Anthony is right: we are looking for a person. That person is not Dr. Tom!

av
Anthony Ortiz
2017-10-11 23:38:20 UTC
If it's not the prolific Dr. Tom I give up!
Antoine Vignau
2017-10-12 17:22:22 UTC
Time to give the (long) answer...

The winner is Tom Porter!

You had to find the name of the programmer(s) of the diagnostics routine in the firmware.

It is a joint effort of R. Williams, R. Aurrichio and Dick Huston on the 8-bit Apple IIs and the work of Karl Grabbe on the Apple IIgs.
c***@gmail.com
2017-10-13 01:35:23 UTC
Ohhhh NOW I know!
Dr Tom Turley! His name is on everything, even the Apple II ROM! He created most of the apple ii software out there, how did I miss that?!
Now with more Turley!