ProDOS 2.4.2 released
Add Reply
John Brooks
2018-01-18 16:50:24 UTC
It contains bug fixes and updated utilities:

http://www.callapple.org/vintage-apple-computers/apple-ii/announcing-prodos-2-4-2-for-all-apple-ii-computers/

-JB
@JBrooksBSI
Antoine Vignau
2018-01-18 20:49:21 UTC
Congratulations, John!
f***@hotmail.com
2018-01-19 00:48:56 UTC
2.4.2 on 18-1-18!
Chris Rupnik
2018-01-19 03:32:14 UTC
Bravo John, thank you for your continued work on ProDos, there are those, like me, that greatly appreciate it!
Chris Rupnik
2018-01-19 03:38:15 UTC
Thank you John, there are many, like I, that appreciate the effort.

Blockwarden is a great addition

Fast disk though has issues with insufficient buffers on virtual II when loaded, I'm not familiar with what this is for.

I will try on real hardware tomorrow and report.
John Brooks
2018-01-19 04:36:29 UTC
Post by Chris Rupnik
Thank you John, there are many, like I, that appreciate the effort.
Blockwarden is a great addition
Fast disk though has issues with insufficient buffers on virtual II when loaded, I'm not familiar with what this is for.
I will try on real hardware tomorrow and report.
Fast disk is for creating a disk image of 5.25 floppies on a physical machine. It requires a 128K //e, IIc, or IIGS.

-JB
@JBrooksBSI
Chris Rupnik
Confirmed it works fine on a real IIGS. Thanks
Anthony Ortiz
2018-01-19 03:41:06 UTC
Hey, why delete the message of thanks? Seemed a good thing to me! :O
barana
2018-01-23 10:16:17 UTC
John Brooks :Legend!!!
Anthony oritz:this is usenet, msgs can't be deleted.
Anthony Ortiz
2018-01-23 17:29:21 UTC
Strange, I see a post header indicating it has been deleted. I’m using google groups.
D Finnigan
2018-01-23 17:46:42 UTC
Strange, I see a post header indicating it has been deleted. I’m using google groups.
That's because Google Groups is an imaginary fantasy-land where you're
allowed to delete posts.

Check out this thread at the Mac GUI Usenet archive:
http://macgui.com/usenet/?group=1&thread=79352&start=0&id=290505#msg

(which is also an imaginary fantasy-land, except with no deletions ;-P)
--
]DF$
The New Apple II User's Guide:
http://macgui.com/newa2guide/
barana
2018-01-23 21:15:17 UTC
No, it's deleted there too.
D Finnigan
2018-01-23 22:42:51 UTC
Post by barana
No, it's deleted there too.
This?
http://macgui.com/usenet/?group=1&start=0&id=290514#msg
I am Rob
2018-01-24 01:08:03 UTC
If that's all I am missing to read is a confirmation to comment on a subject, then I would rather see the deleted message.
James Davis
2018-01-19 10:00:13 UTC
Thanks again, John !!!!
James Davis
2018-01-23 22:29:29 UTC
They don't get deleted at nntp.aioe.org/comp.sys.apple2 !!!
James Davis
2018-01-23 22:33:11 UTC
They don't get deleted at nntp.aioe.org / comp.sys.apple2 !!!
barana
2018-01-24 01:05:46 UTC
Yeah like i said usenet msgs dont get deleted because of the propogation nature, some like on google groups get greyed out(or deleted on their servers) and on some other servers get deleted, but other servers still carry them.
You cant fully delete spam.
Brian Patrie
2018-01-23 23:19:49 UTC
Whilst playing around with AppleWin in original II mode, it occurred to
me that it might be nice if, after resetting to the System Monitor from
Bitsy Bye, we could ^Y back into it. Seems like it should be mostly a
matter of pointing the $3F8 JMP to the same place as the soft entry vector.
Steve Nickolas
2018-01-24 02:12:36 UTC
Whilst playing around with AppleWin in original II mode, it occurred to me
that it might be nice if, after resetting to the System Monitor from Bitsy
Bye, we could ^Y back into it. Seems like it should be mostly a matter of
pointing the $3F8 JMP to the same place as the soft entry vector.
Not sure how reliable it would be in practice.

*1000G

-uso.
Brian Patrie
2018-01-25 09:09:32 UTC
Post by Steve Nickolas
Not sure how reliable it would be in practice.
*1000G
Ah ha! Thank you.

James Davis
2018-01-24 20:53:43 UTC
Post by Brian Patrie
Whilst playing around with AppleWin in original II mode, it occurred to
me that it might be nice if, after resetting to the System Monitor from
Bitsy Bye, we could ^Y back into it. Seems like it should be mostly a
matter of pointing the $3F8 JMP to the same place as the soft entry vector.
]CALL-151

*<CTRL-Y><Ctrl-M> <--[<^Y><CR> Takes you back to APPLESOFT-/INTEGER-BASIC]

]BYE<CTRL-M> <--[Takes you back to ProDOS (Bitsy Bye)]

So you have to type a few more characters! Is that so hard? ;-P
MG
2018-01-25 08:28:39 UTC
Post by James Davis
]CALL-151
*<CTRL-Y><Ctrl-M> <--[<^Y><CR> Takes you back to APPLESOFT-/INTEGER-BASIC]
]BYE<CTRL-M> <--[Takes you back to ProDOS (Bitsy Bye)]
So you have to type a few more characters! Is that so hard? ;-P
Doesn't work when BASIC.SYSTEM isn't what you quit from in the first place...

MG