Advice requested for replacing or repairing disk image on CFFA3000
skipperdoodle1947
2018-02-04 15:05:54 UTC
The disk image that my BBS runs on (Dura Europos) has developed errors. I fear they may be the result of adding the Fast Chip IIe and upgrading to GBBS Pro v2.14, though I hope that is just a coincidence.

I ran Mr Fixit, but it doesn't touch the errors. I want to replace the .po disk image with a clean one, but so far I have failed.

Here is what I tried:
Copied the .po file to my windows machine and extracted the image with CiderPress, omitting the bad stuff. I then created a new .po image of the same size and name as the original, using CiderPress. I then imported all the files, and had what looked like a nice clean image. I mounted it in AppleWin and everything looked perfect. However, when I copied it to the CFFA3000 flash card, the Apple IIe crashed to the monitor when I turned it on.

Can somebody tell me what I did wrong, or didn't do. It seems to me the above approach should work?

I then tried creating a new blank using the CFFA3000 utilities, thinking it must do something special with the image. I then formatted it using Copy II Plus as a ProDos volume. However, it had only 1/2 the number of blocks as the original 32 meg image (so it could not hold all the files).

Does anybody know what step I omitted or did wrong with this?

Thank you for reading my plea. :)
Skip
James Davis
Did you try re-formatting the SD card first with FAT(16), then re-installing your Apple disk-images and files? The SD card may have been damaged.
James Davis
2018-02-04 19:20:31 UTC
Post by James Davis
Post by skipperdoodle1947
[...]
Substitute USB stick for SD card, if that is what CFFA uses.

Also, you have to let the stick/card finish writing all files (flushing) before you remove it from your machines. Make sure it is "Safe to Remove Hardware" before doing so.