French Touch - Game over
2017-08-06 00:17:53 UTC
6-Aug-2017 / Game over - It is with great sadness that I would like to officialize the end of the French Touch group on the Apple II.

French Touch was the work of one man, Arnaud Cocquière. Over the years, he brought the most awesome demos on and for the Apple II. He has forced emulator coders to review their code, the limits were constantly pushed and I believe he has not gained enough attention for his work.

All of Arnaud's work is available at http://www.ctrl-pomme-reset.fr/2017/08/05/2014-2017/ and I will ensure his works remain available to the masses.

Please do not contact Arnaud, his accounts are deactivated.

Arnaud : bravo et merci, tu es génial !

Antoine
Anthony Ortiz
Oh no! What happened to Arnaud?
Anthony Ortiz
2017-08-06 01:23:22 UTC
This is their last post translated to English :

GAME OVER

After more than six years of existence, it is time for me to close this blog and permanently abandon the Apple II. By dint of running after her youth, we finally understand that we will never catch up with her. Ctrl-Pomme-Reset and French Touch are finished. As promised for a long time, you will find hereafter an archive containing all the source codes (under GNU GPL license) of the various French Touch projects and works. Everything is broadcast as it is, no follow-up or technical assistance will be provided.

Sources_FRENCH_TOUCH_2014-2017.zip

I also take advantage of this to make available the digital images scanned in recent years, fruit of a joint work with Jean-Marc and Antoine (archive of 699MB).

DSK.zip

Also download two zip files containing the majority of the discs from which the screenshots of the French Autographs gallery (IIe and GS) are derived. For the Underground Productions galleries, everything must already be available on the Brutal Deluxe side .

CRACKS_FR.zip / CRACKS_FR_GS.zip

Finally, and in the great tradition of the French Apple II scene of the 80s, Big Kiss to: Antoine Vignau , Jean-Marc Boutillon , Fabrice Montupet , Antony Mauget , François Michaud , Olivier Zardini , Mario Patino , Tom Charlesworth Ferry , Marc A. Golombeck , Angel Albertini , Anton Yakovlev, Keonwoo Kim and Alexander Siegfried . In order not to end on a negative note, there will be no Big Shit even if there is a name or two that come to my mind ...
Antoine Vignau
2017-08-06 05:35:45 UTC
Thank you for translating it. Perer Ferrie is missing here but he was quoted in Arnaud's blog post.

Antoine
James Davis
2017-08-06 20:09:53 UTC
Antoine,

Will you be uploading these (filenames translated by Anthony Ortiz) on Asimov at all:

STYNX
2017-08-06 07:32:34 UTC
It is sad to hear this. I was very interested in his demos.

I have seen several people getting depressed over the lack of response to their work to the point of quitting all together. This reminds me to do my hobby for myself and not for others. Pushing my own boundaries and not those of others. Trying to push other people or expecting them to push themselves will inadvertently lead to frustration.

Thank you for the music...

-Jonas
STYNX
2017-08-06 07:42:17 UTC