Trouble with WiModem232
cb meeks
2018-02-01 02:25:22 UTC
As recommended in another thread, I'm attempting to use the IIc's terminal mode with my WiModem232.

I try:

IN#2
[CTRL-A]T

and that works. It then says "Looking for router... Connected to blah".

But immediately after that, I just get a string of characters that never ends.

I suspect that the modem is set at 300 BAUD but the IIc is set higher (19200 perhaps)?

I have the SSC manual but it seems to be only for IIe or lower. No mention of IIc that I can see.

So I assume everything has to be configured via soft switches.

How can I do that with the IIc?

I even tried a the program on page 36 (adjusted for slot 2) but that did nothing.

Thanks.
James Davis
That information should be in one of the Apple IIc Manuals. Most likely the 'Operators' and/or 'Tech. Ref.' Manuals.
6***@gmail.com
2018-02-01 09:11:41 UTC
I would do as follows:

Run ASCII Express (choose Apple IIc - SSC) or PROTerm 3.1 (here you should choose for modem: Null Modem (RTS/CTS)) on your Apple IIc - configure the Terminal program for 300 baud.

Then you can configure your WiModem232 with your router and set the baud rate you like on the WiModem232. On your Terminal program you set then the same baud rate.
Henry Pedro
2018-02-09 19:06:49 UTC
Post by cb meeks
As recommended in another thread, I'm attempting to use the IIc's terminal mode with my WiModem232.
IN#2
[CTRL-A]T
and that works. It then says "Looking for router... Connected to blah".
But immediately after that, I just get a string of characters that never ends.
I suspect that the modem is set at 300 BAUD but the IIc is set higher (19200 perhaps)?
I have the SSC manual but it seems to be only for IIe or lower. No mention of IIc that I can see.
So I assume everything has to be configured via soft switches.
How can I do that with the IIc?
I even tried a the program on page 36 (adjusted for slot 2) but that did nothing.
Thanks.
I believe the IIc modem port defaults to 300 baud.
How are you communicating with the WiModem232?
Is it though a terminal program like ProTerm or Ascii Express, or are you going in through BASIC, and "IN#2"?
If it's a terminal program, set it to 8-N-1 and the appropriate baud rate. The WiModem boots up at 300 baud out of the box, but is asynchronous so it may communicate with the host computer at another baud rate in certain circumstances.
If you get stuck, you can reset it by temporarily jumping the two emergency reset pads on the underside while it boots up. That will restore it to its factory (300 baud) settings.