Is the Apple II cassette port stereo or mono?
Matthew Power
2017-09-24 17:30:56 UTC
I feel like I should know this, but I honestly don't. The reason I am asking is because I want to get into cassette loading. Not just from tapes, but from iphones, ipods, etc... The idea came from me wondering if I could make large images like A2 Desktop and convert it into an mp3 and then play it back into the Apple II cassette port.

Would I need to have an adapter to convert stereo to mono, or can the Apple II handle the stereo?
Bobbi
2017-09-24 18:56:06 UTC
It's a mono jack on the Apple II but I had success using a stereo patch cable to my laptop (with ADTPro.)
J. Random Hacker
2017-09-24 21:08:27 UTC
Post by Matthew Power
I feel like I should know this, but I honestly don't. The reason I am
asking is because I want to get into cassette loading. Not just from
tapes, but from iphones, ipods, etc... The idea came from me wondering
if I could make large images like A2 Desktop and convert it into an mp3
and then play it back into the Apple II cassette port.
Have you tried out the insanely awesome c2t utility
(https://github.com/datajerk/c2t)?
Matthew Power
2017-09-27 02:56:36 UTC
c2t is the reason I want to get into this. I think it would be really fun to make audio versions of things like Contiki and use a cassette to check the news and weather on my IIe with an Unternet II.
James Davis
2017-09-25 01:20:53 UTC
Post by Matthew Power
I feel like I should know this, but I honestly don't. The reason I am asking is because I want to get into cassette loading. Not just from tapes, but from iphones, ipods, etc... The idea came from me wondering if I could make large images like A2 Desktop and convert it into an mp3 and then play it back into the Apple II cassette port.
Would I need to have an adapter to convert stereo to mono, or can the Apple II handle the stereo?
Using a stereo to mono plug adapter should not be necessary, but it doesn't hurt!