Is there an ADTpro installer for windows?
2017-09-21 01:04:15 UTC
Hi all,

Quite honestly, I don't know how to install ADTPro (ProDOS) on a windows 7 PC. Is there an ADTpro installer for windows?

2017-09-21 01:10:34 UTC
Post by James Davis
Hi all,
Quite honestly, I don't know how to install ADTPro (ProDOS) on a windows 7 PC. Is there an ADTpro installer for windows?
James Davis
P.S. I forgot that I don't allow Java on my Windows 7 PC, so make that: Windows 98SE.
David Schmidt
2017-09-21 13:28:21 UTC
Post by James Davis
Post by James Davis
Hi all,
Quite honestly, I don't know how to install ADTPro (ProDOS) on a windows 7 PC. Is there an ADTpro installer for windows?
Nope. You just unzip the package and run the batch file. Unless...
Post by James Davis
P.S. I forgot that I don't allow Java on my Windows 7 PC, so make that: Windows 98SE.
...unless you don't allow Java. Then you'll want to look for a
different solution.
Anthony Ortiz
2017-09-21 13:40:48 UTC
Another option for you Java naysaying whippersnappers is to install a virtual machine and set up Java and adt pro in there and use that to communicate with your apple ii
Michael 'AppleWin Debugger Dev'
2017-09-21 16:40:57 UTC
... for you Java naysaying whippersnappers ...
<voice = "Mr. T"> Who you calling whippersnapper, fool ! </voice> :-)
Another SMART option is to install a virtual machine and set up Java and adt pro in there and use that to communicate with your apple ii
FTFY.

As long as you aren't gaming (i.e. Minecraft) the VM route is fine.
James Davis
2017-09-22 22:46:45 UTC
Hi all,

I will allow Java on my Windows 98SE IBM Aptiva PC. Currently, it is not connected to anything. I can use it as an intermediary between my Apple IIe and my Windows 7 Lenovo PC.--I can use audio cables between my Apple IIe and my Aptiva PC; and, I can use my USB to USB Transfer Cable between my Aptiva PC and my Lenovo PC.

I think you guys answered my question, so . . .

Thank you,