Robotron with 2 joysticks
Add Reply
Nick Westgate
2017-09-03 20:25:34 UTC
Hi guys.

I was never quite satisfied with the Apple port of Robotron, though it was a great version, so I added support for two joystick play as per the arcade original.

At the same time I added support for Alex's ("Lukazi") digital joystick 4play card.

Also, since the author's name was missing from the original, I added that to the title page.

I call this mod 4JOY because it offers 4 modes of joystick play. It was demonstrated at OzKFest, and there's a pic of the setup in this archive.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3JBd-TShLlLbldncTJmcHh2NWM

Cheers,
Nick.
Antoine Vignau
2017-09-03 20:56:12 UTC
Thank you, Nick!
av
Lukazi
2017-09-06 00:02:23 UTC
I'm still impressed that you did not have a 4play card to test with and yet your code worked like a treat first go. Great work Nick.

Cheers,
Alex.
Nick Westgate
2017-09-13 06:09:57 UTC
Post by Lukazi
I'm still impressed that you did not have a 4play card to test with and yet your code worked like a treat first go. Great work Nick.
Heh, well as you know I just cheated by emulating the 4play card! ; - )

Cheers,
Nick.
Alex Lee
2017-09-07 09:46:15 UTC
Nice work indeed!

- Alex
Michael 'AppleWin Debugger Dev'
2017-09-16 22:45:55 UTC
Post by Nick Westgate
I was never quite satisfied with the Apple port of Robotron, though it was a great version, so I added support for two joystick play as per the arcade original.
Nice work Nick !

Your sources available on GitHub ?