Apple DOS 3.1
g***@alice.it
2017-09-26 17:17:12 UTC
Goodmorning
I am looking for a "real" disk with 3.1DOS (13sector).
2 or 3 copies.
Can anyone help me (at my expense)?
I am in Italy.
Thanks
Giorgio

Apple II and Apple III forever !!!
Tom Porter
2017-09-27 00:29:39 UTC
Is there a particular reason for Dos 3.1, and not something like a late Dos 3.3 which is technically better (bugfixed ect?)
g***@alice.it
2017-09-27 05:06:06 UTC
Il Tue, 26 Sep 2017 17:29:39 -0700 (PDT), Tom Porter
Post by Tom Porter
Is there a particular reason for Dos 3.1, and not something like a late Dos 3.3 which is technically better (bugfixed ect?)
Yes.
I have some old disk and I must read and write some old program.
(I hope!)
;-)

David Schmidt
2017-09-27 13:22:16 UTC
Post by Tom Porter
Is there a particular reason for Dos 3.1, and not something like a late Dos 3.3 which is technically better (bugfixed ect?)
Yes.
I have some old disk and I must read and write some old program.
(I hope!)
;-)
Well, there are lots of options there - you could, for example, send a
nibble copy to your host computer and use CiderPress to manipulate the
files on the disk. It depends on exactly what you want to do, and where...
Marco Verpelli
2017-09-27 14:15:41 UTC
Post by g***@alice.it
Goodmorning
I am looking for a "real" disk with 3.1DOS (13sector).
2 or 3 copies.
Can anyone help me (at my expense)?
I am in Italy.
Thanks
Giorgio
Apple II and Apple III forever !!!
Saluti ad un mito della storia Apple II in Italia.

DOS 3.1 is avalaible in .nib image and in source code here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3data.computerhistory.org/atchm/documents/LaBombard_8Dec13.zip

Transfer a disk image is the best option, if the machine have a serial card...

Marco.
Zellyn
2017-09-27 14:38:38 UTC
Post by g***@alice.it
Goodmorning
I am looking for a "real" disk with 3.1DOS (13sector).
2 or 3 copies.
Can anyone help me (at my expense)?
I am in Italy.
Thanks
Giorgio
Apple II and Apple III forever !!!
The Apple II Documentation Project is the place I always look first for this sort of thing. Indeed, it's there:
https://mirrors.apple2.org.za/Apple%20II%20Documentation%20Project/Software/Operating%20Systems/Apple%20DOS/Disk%20Images/

Zellyn
Antoine Vignau
2017-09-27 20:10:59 UTC
Giorgio wants to play with his 13-sec controller card ;-)

Antoine