Another name that game question
Add Reply
Nick Westgate
2017-09-23 00:06:50 UTC
https://retrocomputing.stackexchange.com/q/4789/71

"Played it around the end of the 80's but most probably developed between 1981 and 1986. You had control over a person/avatar (not stick figure like, more plump looking) and could walk from scene to scene; these locations (museum, plaza maybe) or rooms contained scattered items like masks, horns, pots, etc. and some wandering people (including a policeman in some places). It had a memorable tune but nothing I can compare it to. Possible use of Egyptian and/or British themes. A decades old mystery of mine, been searching from time to time and I'm starting to believe it was a figment of my young imagination. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance."

I thought of Copts and Robbers, but the avatar is very simple in that.

Cheers,
Nick.
Anthony Ortiz
Birds eye view, isometric, side view? 2D or 3D? Control via keys or joystick? What type of game, adventure? Do you recall the goal? Full high-res or mixed with text on bottom? Any other recollections?
Michael 'AppleWin Debugger Dev'
2017-09-23 02:04:29 UTC
Nick forgot to include the title of the question:

"Need help identifying an Apple IIc game/possibly educational with a top-down view"

So top-down helps narrow it down ... somewhat.

I was going say "The Heist" but that isn't top-down ...
Michael 'AppleWin Debugger Dev'
2017-09-23 02:06:36 UTC
I guess we should probably start either with a list from Wikipedia or Asimov ...

* Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Apple_II_games

* Asimov

ftp://ftp.apple.asimov.net/pub/apple_II/images/games/action/