Amacs (text editor) manual
Robert Sheehan
2018-02-10 01:35:19 UTC
Hi, I asked this on FB as well, but no luck there.

Does anyone have a copy of the Amacs manual? Amacs was a pretty decent copy of Emacs for the Apple II produced by Brian Fox (who created the "bash" shell amongst other things). I have been using 80% of Amacs for a while but there are some things I can't find out from the builtin help system and would love to get a copy of the manual. In particular things like what the various libraries do and how to create more than one keyboard macro. Many years ago Morgan Davis gave a very positive review of Amacs. It is truly a phenomenal piece of Apple II programming. Thanks
I am Rob
2018-02-10 09:57:38 UTC

I have heard of eMacs, but not aMacs. Do you have a link?
Mark Pilgrim
2018-02-10 12:52:27 UTC

http://mirrors.apple2.org.za/apple2.caltech.edu/8bit/source/