Virtual II Updated to Version 8.1
Add Reply
bill.martens
2018-01-14 14:53:33 UTC
Virtual II Emulator has been Updated to Version 8.1 -- This update addresses a host of issues in the previous release.

http://www.callapple.org/vintage-apple-computers/apple-ii/virtual-ii-updated-to-version-8-1/
Jorge
2018-01-14 21:11:59 UTC
Not for Snow Leopard... ?
magnusfalkirk
2018-02-03 05:25:36 UTC
Post by bill.martens
Virtual II Emulator has been Updated to Version 8.1 -- This update addresses a host of issues in the previous release.
http://www.callapple.org/vintage-apple-computers/apple-ii/virtual-ii-updated-to-version-8-1/
Has anyone else had problems with V8.1? I have an apple 2E rom in the Virtual II folder but it says "no suitable rom file can be found". In fact I've tried several different 2E roms and it still gives me the above error. Any ideas or help will be welcome.

magnus
Chris Torrence
2018-02-03 19:23:11 UTC
Post by magnusfalkirk
Post by bill.martens
Virtual II Emulator has been Updated to Version 8.1 -- This update addresses a host of issues in the previous release.
http://www.callapple.org/vintage-apple-computers/apple-ii/virtual-ii-updated-to-version-8-1/
Has anyone else had problems with V8.1? I have an apple 2E rom in the Virtual II folder but it says "no suitable rom file can be found". In fact I've tried several different 2E roms and it still gives me the above error. Any ideas or help will be welcome.
magnus
Hi Magnus,
I just tried 8.1 and haven't seen any issues. I've got my ROMs in the same folder as Virtual ][. If I go into Setup->Components->ROM, I'm letting Virtual ][ choose the ROMs.
-Chris
Todd Holcomb
2018-02-04 16:11:41 UTC
Post by magnusfalkirk
Has anyone else had problems with V8.1? I have an apple 2E rom in the Virtual II folder but it says "no suitable rom file can be found". In fact I've tried several different 2E roms and it still gives me the above error. Any ideas or help will be welcome.
magnus
I had the same issue. I had to put the appleiie.rom file in ~/Library/Application Support/Virtual II/ROM/ for it to work.

Todd
Jorma Honkanen
2018-02-04 17:54:18 UTC
I can't get the thunderclock card to work.
f***@hotmail.com
2018-02-06 16:57:01 UTC
I had to switch to the no-slot clock + driver, to get correct time.