Dual Mockingboards GS
2018-02-06 03:34:17 UTC
Would dual mockingboards work on a IIgs (for Ultima V)? If so, how do you set it up? Each card has stereo outputs, so what do you do with two stereo outputs?
James Davis
2018-02-06 19:33:35 UTC
Four channel sound, discreet or encoded, front and back speakers, like what was popular back in the late 1960's and early 1970's.
Anthony Ortiz
2018-02-06 19:39:46 UTC
What is the usual two-speaker setup like?
I am Rob
2018-02-06 19:53:28 UTC
Would dual mockingboards work on a IIgs (for Ultima V)? If so, how do you set it up? Each card has stereo outputs, so what do you do with two stereo outputs?
It may not benefit you after you read this

http://armchairarcade.com/perspectives/2018/02/05/apple-ii-mockingboard-promise-unfulfilled/
Tom Porter
2018-02-07 12:48:14 UTC
Currently I am creating a Demo Disk for Reactive Micro's upcoming Phasor Launch... and trying to do as many 10+ channel songs as possible to showcase what it can really do.

Would there be interest if a driver was created to play this 'file format' on dual Mockingboards? It should be doable.
Tom Porter
2018-02-07 12:59:46 UTC
Also... is there anybody who has a Phasor who would like a 'teaser' in exchange for feedback?
Antoine Vignau
2018-02-07 19:09:39 UTC
I'd like to help but I sold my Phasor. French Touch demos may be sufficient!

Antoine
p***@controlmicro.net
2018-02-28 23:14:02 UTC
On MegaAudio you can use 12 + 12 + 4 ( channel in same time ( 2x Mockingboard + 1x ALF + 4x SAM ( 8 bit DAC ) ) ;) if you want to make demo for it .
Matthew Power
2018-02-28 00:28:01 UTC
Each card has stereo outputs, so what do you do with two stereo outputs?
Does Chris Torrence's new Assembly lines answer this question? He's using a IIe, and while it doesn't say so in the video he replies in the comments below that the output jack of the 2nd card isn't used. Just plug into card #1. The software handles it. I haven't tried this on the IIgs yet, though.