New Apple II BBS!
Add Reply
Todd Holcomb
2017-09-04 14:33:53 UTC
Hey guys,

Captain's Quarters BBS has returned from its watery grave! I ran a BBS / AE Line under the same name in northern MN back in the mid 80's. The BBS is up and running on my all-solid-state Apple IIGS via TCPSER on a Raspberry Pi. It's got Door Games, a ton of Text Files, Apple II game downloads, and retrocomputing / retrogaming message boards. Come check it out:

telnet://cqbbs.ddns.net:6502

If you're not already online, get the Wifi232 Internet Modem for your old computer here (when it's in stock):

http://biosrhythm.com/?page_id=1453

Or use TCPser on a Raspberry Pi with a null modem cable as described here:

http://www.insentricity.com/a.cl/215/putting-your-retro-computer-on-the-line

Or use a modern terminal program like SyncTERM to logon:

http://syncterm.bbsdev.net

Hope to see you there!

-Todd Holcomb, Sysop
6***@gmail.com
2017-09-04 16:01:26 UTC
Hi Todd,
Great! Congratulations to the reopening! I saw the stuff you offer - really very much - fantastic.
Apple II
Todd Holcomb
2017-09-04 21:39:34 UTC
Thanks for helping me with all the testing!
Matthew Power
2017-09-06 00:28:58 UTC
Post by Todd Holcomb
Thanks for helping me with all the testing!
I have created an account from my Apple IIe. I enjoyed a few minutes of the BBS before I suddenly got a "timeout" message and was disconnected. I was in the middle of a Guess My Number game.

After that I tried to log back in and got the reply "Sorry, somebody is actually on the BBS right now..."

What I was able to see, though, was great stuff!
Matthew Power
2017-09-04 20:43:05 UTC
I tried to connect with my IIe and after about 20 seconds, Telnet65 returns "NO ANSWER".
Todd Holcomb
2017-09-04 21:36:21 UTC
I might have been working on it offline - try it again. Make sure you're on port 6502.
Todd Holcomb
2017-09-11 12:39:50 UTC
Two more door games have been added - thanks to Scott Johnson!
Mark Lemmert
2017-09-21 04:44:14 UTC
I really enjoy logging into this BBS (Captain's Quarters) almost daily. Good conversation in the forums and some fun games. Keep up the great work Todd!

-Mark