Question re: FASTChip IIe
Steven Hirsch
2017-09-22 13:43:40 UTC
The documentation for FASTChip makes repeated references to its emulating a
65C02/65C816. Those are distinctly different CPUs and I can find no specifics
as to the supported instruction set.

Can anyone elaborate? Does it really support '816 opcodes? And, if so, are
there extended memory access capabilities or it is it more like the
short-lived '802?
p***@controlmicro.net
2017-09-22 21:25:50 UTC
Hi

FASTChip //e not emulating 65c02 or 65c816 it using original CPU-s from WDC .

Depend of model of FASTChip //e is have mounted 65c02 or 65c816 .

Current batch is for model with 65c02 , next may be with 65c816 or i keep it for FASTChip //GS why know...
p***@controlmicro.net
2017-09-22 21:31:33 UTC
On "FASTChip //e - 65C816" is mounted WD65c816 and it support 16 bit instruction set but memory addressing is only with low 64KB area .
Steven Hirsch
2017-09-23 13:12:09 UTC
Post by p***@controlmicro.net
On "FASTChip //e - 65C816" is mounted WD65c816 and it support 16 bit
instruction set but memory addressing is only with low 64KB area .
Thanks, Plamen. I didn't realize there were two different varsions. The
documentation is a little confusing.