Corvus A2CPM.1 diskette - still looking
Steven Hirsch
2016-06-05 14:58:13 UTC
Time for my yearly post in search of the mythical Corvus Softcard CP/M support
diskette: 'A2CPM.1'.

I know it existed because I have the documentation for it, but have never been
able to locate either the physical diskette nor image.

There is a diskette called CSCPM, but that is not what I'm after.

If anyone comes across this, please let me know? Thanks.

Steve
Antoine Vignau
2016-06-05 16:57:08 UTC
Post by Steven Hirsch
Time for my yearly post in search of the mythical Corvus Softcard CP/M support
diskette: 'A2CPM.1'.
I know it existed because I have the documentation for it, but have never been
able to locate either the physical diskette nor image.
There is a diskette called CSCPM, but that is not what I'm after.
If anyone comes across this, please let me know? Thanks.
Steve
Hi Steve,

Please check the disks at http://www.brutaldeluxe.fr/public/corvus/ and tell me if it is in the lot. If not, I'll go physical and leave digital.

Antoine
Steven Hirsch
2016-06-06 12:06:51 UTC
Post by Antoine Vignau
Post by Steven Hirsch
Time for my yearly post in search of the mythical Corvus Softcard CP/M
support diskette: 'A2CPM.1'.
I know it existed because I have the documentation for it, but have never
been able to locate either the physical diskette nor image.
There is a diskette called CSCPM, but that is not what I'm after.
Please check the disks at http://www.brutaldeluxe.fr/public/corvus/ and
tell me if it is in the lot. If not, I'll go physical and leave digital.
Thanks, Antoine.

The 'pascal11' diskette is volume CSCPM, which is definitely not the correct
one. I have an image of that second diskette here already and haven't been
able to figure out whether it's 'A2CPM.1'. If you have the physical media
would you mind posting the contents of the label?

Much appreciated!
Antoine Vignau
2016-06-06 14:13:06 UTC
It seems the second diskette is not complete but there is CPM data on it.

I'll try to reconstruct it and will dig into my 5.25" cave...
Steven Hirsch
2016-06-06 18:54:23 UTC
Post by Antoine Vignau
It seems the second diskette is not complete but there is CPM data on it.
If by "..not complete" you are referring to the many sectors of nulls at the
start, don't worry about it. That's the area normally used by the operating
system and is quite reasonable to see on a data-only CP/M diskette. Apple
Commander thinks the copy I have here is a valid, readable CP/M disk.

Since CP/M has no notion of a volume id or name, the only way to know if
that's the A2CPM.1 diskette would be to read the original diskette label.
Antoine Vignau
2016-06-07 03:43:19 UTC
Yes, I was referring to the many blank sectors.
OK, I can switch to the cave then...
av
s***@gmail.com
2018-01-31 22:33:19 UTC
Hi, Antoine. Did you have any luck finding the Corvus 'A2CPM.1' diskette in the cave? Still looking for it.
Antoine Vignau
2018-01-31 23:01:16 UTC
Oops!
Where's my cave? ;-)
Antoine Vignau
2018-01-31 23:04:44 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Antoine Vignau
Yes, I was referring to the many blank sectors.
OK, I can switch to the cave then...
av
Hi, Antoine. Did you have any luck finding the Corvus 'A2CPM.1' diskette in the cave? Still looking for it.
I'm afraid I don't have other disks than those I posted in 2016
av
6***@gmail.com
2018-02-01 05:35:39 UTC
Don't know if that helps, but these are the disks I know about:

CORVUS CPM22 UTILS.DSK

CORVUS CPMUTILS PASCAL11.DSK

omnetcpm.dsk
Steven Hirsch
2018-02-01 12:28:55 UTC
Post by 6***@gmail.com
CORVUS CPM22 UTILS.DSK
CORVUS CPMUTILS PASCAL11.DSK
omnetcpm.dsk
Unfortunately, those are not it. The Constellation II software setup for
Apple CP/M asks for a PASCAL format disk with volume name 'A2CPM.1' when
trying to setup a partition for Microsoft Softcard. I'm starting to suspect
this diskette never actually shipped, since it hasn't turned up in many years
of searching.

The disks above are for generic CP/M (e.g. S-100 machine, etc).
I am Rob
Is A2CPM.1 the name of the disk that the FORMAT.COM command for the Corvus comes on, or is it supposed to be the name of the partition that is saved on the corvus HD, or is it the name of the Softcard boot disk that has FORMAT.COM on it that the setup software wants to revise?
Steven Hirsch
2018-02-01 23:15:10 UTC
Post by I am Rob
Post by Steven Hirsch
Post by 6***@gmail.com
CORVUS CPM22 UTILS.DSK
CORVUS CPMUTILS PASCAL11.DSK
omnetcpm.dsk
Unfortunately, those are not it. The Constellation II software setup
for Apple CP/M asks for a PASCAL format disk with volume name 'A2CPM.1'
when trying to setup a partition for Microsoft Softcard. I'm starting to
suspect this diskette never actually shipped, since it hasn't turned up
in many years of searching.
The disks above are for generic CP/M (e.g. S-100 machine, etc).
Is A2CPM.1 the name of the disk that the FORMAT.COM command for the Corvus
comes on, or is it supposed to be the name of the partition that is saved
on the corvus HD, or is it the name of the Softcard boot disk that has
FORMAT.COM on it that the setup software wants to revise?
None of the above. It's the Apple Pascal volume name (and, presumably, the
printed name) of the diskette used to set up a Softcard CP/M partition. It
probably does not have any *.COM programs on it. Most likely a set of data
files and Pascal executables. I'm sure it'a a Pascal volume, because when I
dummy up a copy of an unrelated Corvus Pascal diskette to have that volume
name, it gets one step further before complaining about a missing file. That
file (don't recall the name) does not appear on any Pascal diskette in my
Corvus archive - so, specific to the CP/M support.

When you invoke the Constellation II installation flow and select the option
to setup a CP/M partition (Corvus also calls this 'volume') you're eventually
prompted to insert this diskette. I'd love to find a copy.