Lunazr Eclipse photos
2018-02-01 18:36:06 UTC

-michael

NadaNet 3.1 for Apple II parallel computing!
Home page: http://michaeljmahon.com

"The wastebasket is our most important design
tool--and it's seriously underused."
Michael J. Mahon

Anthony Ortiz
2018-02-01 19:28:58 UTC
What previous post? Can you post it so we can see? :P
Michael J. Mahon
2018-02-01 21:42:56 UTC
What previous post? Can you post it so we can see? :P
Ha! Saved by the posting filter. ;-)

I'm emailing the photos to you, Anthony.

These are three photos taken of the recent "super blue blood moon". One
(blurry) of the moon just before totality, one about ten minutes after
totality, and one (actually a stack of three) of the still-full moon on the
evening of 1/31.
2018-02-01 22:01:04 UTC
Oh wow... that’s beautiful! I’ve gotta read up on this phenomenon! I didn’t see any tweets of Moses raising his staff lately so this bloody moon caught me by surprise!
Hugh Hood
2018-02-02 03:08:48 UTC
Post by Michael J. Mahon
Sorry for my previous post, which was intended for email, not a newsgroup!
Michael,

Actually, you taught me something -- I've been reading the Apple II
newsgroups for 20 years now and *never* realized that you could attach
photos to a message and the newsreader would actually display them in line.

I feel pretty dumb, but I'm OK with that.

Hugh Hood
D Finnigan
2018-02-02 03:48:10 UTC
Post by Hugh Hood
Michael,
Actually, you taught me something -- I've been reading the Apple II
newsgroups for 20 years now and *never* realized that you could attach
photos to a message and the newsreader would actually display them in line.
That's because it's considered very naughty, and you're not supposed to do
it.... ;-) Seriously, the subject of MIME and HTML messages in Usenet is a
holy war. :-0

But we could actually be posting binary attachments and all sorts of things
to our messages if our keepers would allow it. A lot of NNTP relays will
block those binaries from the text groups.
--
]DF$
The New Apple II User's Guide: