Apple II audio experts
2018-02-05 19:34:02 UTC
Does anyone here have decent experience in both Apple II audio (Mockingboard and/or Ensoniq) and Sound Blaster drivers? I’m interested in emulating the Apple II speaker, mockingboard, and eventually as a bonus the ensoniq on a Sound Blaster X-Fi HD plugged into a Raspberry Pi via USB.
cb meeks
2018-02-05 19:49:10 UTC
Does anyone here have decent experience in both Apple II audio (Mockingboard and/or Ensoniq) and Sound Blaster drivers? I’m interested in emulating the Apple II speaker, mockingboard, and eventually as a bonus the ensoniq on a Sound Blaster X-Fi HD plugged into a Raspberry Pi via USB.
Not sure if this would help, but Johannes Ahlebrand emulated (nearly 100% IIRC) the AY-3-8010 on a Parallax Propeller micro-controller a long time ago. I've looked at the code in the past and it doesn't appear to be extremely complex to understand. I mention it because it may help to see how he emulated it for your project. Unless I completely misunderstood.

http://obex.parallax.com/object/153
cb meeks
2018-02-05 19:49:49 UTC
Post by cb meeks
Post by Anthony Ortiz
Does anyone here have decent experience in both Apple II audio (Mockingboard and/or Ensoniq) and Sound Blaster drivers? I’m interested in emulating the Apple II speaker, mockingboard, and eventually as a bonus the ensoniq on a Sound Blaster X-Fi HD plugged into a Raspberry Pi via USB.
Not sure if this would help, but Johannes Ahlebrand emulated (nearly 100% IIRC) the AY-3-8010 on a Parallax Propeller micro-controller a long time ago. I've looked at the code in the past and it doesn't appear to be extremely complex to understand. I mention it because it may help to see how he emulated it for your project. Unless I completely misunderstood.
http://obex.parallax.com/object/153
**EDIT**

I meant the AY-3-8910