Sup'r terminal user manual
Jorge
2017-07-12 15:32:59 UTC
Hello,

I have one of these 80 column cards, I've lost the user manual and google can't find it anywhere, so I need a copy, has anybody got one please?

Thanks,
Jorge.
James Davis
2017-07-13 06:11:07 UTC
Post by Jorge
Hello,
I have one of these 80 column cards, I've lost the user manual and google can't find it anywhere, so I need a copy, has anybody got one please?
Thanks,
--
Jorge.
From Wikipedia <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Hertzfeld>:

"He was hired by Apple Computer as a systems programmer in 1979 and developed the Apple SilenType printer firmware and wrote the firmware[1] for the Sup'R'Terminal, the first 80-column card for the Apple II."

Based on this, I think you are looking for the "APPLE LANGUAGE SYSTEM - Intstallation and Operating Manual" (a small pamphlet).

If you still cannot find yours (or a PDF of it), reply to me privately, and I will scan it into a PDF for you.
Jorge
2017-07-13 09:09:22 UTC
Post by James Davis
Post by Jorge
Hello,
I have one of these 80 column cards, I've lost the user manual and google can't find it anywhere, so I need a copy, has anybody got one please?
Thanks,
--
Jorge.
"He was hired by Apple Computer as a systems programmer in 1979 and developed the Apple SilenType printer firmware and wrote the firmware[1] for the Sup'R'Terminal, the first 80-column card for the Apple II."
Based on this, I think you are looking for the "APPLE LANGUAGE SYSTEM - Intstallation and Operating Manual" (a small pamphlet).
If you still cannot find yours (or a PDF of it), reply to me privately, and I will scan it into a PDF for you.
Thanks James,

"Apple Language System" sounds more like a RAM card but this is a video card not a RAM card, one like this:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/141769386730
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191684991835

This is the only picture I can find of the manual I'm looking for (in the top/first photo):

http://imgur.com/a/Zb4y1

If that's the one you've got... yes please, by all means, I would be forever grateful :-)

Cheers,
Jorge.
Antoine Vignau
2017-07-13 15:07:12 UTC
Like these ones: Loading Image... ?

Antoine
Antoine Vignau
2017-07-13 15:44:58 UTC
Preliminary manual scanned & uploaded @ http://mirrors.apple2.org.za/Apple%20II%20Documentation%20Project/Interface%20Cards/80%20Column%20Cards/M%26R%20SUP%27R%27TERMINAL/Manuals/

av
Jorge
2017-07-13 16:21:23 UTC
av
Oh là là ! C'est formidable ! Je vous remercie beaucoup, monsieur Vignau ! Oh là là ! Oh là là ! Mon Dieu, c'est incroyable !

Cheers,
Jorge.
Jorge
2017-07-13 16:22:46 UTC
av
IOW: Antoine, thanks a lot !
Jorge.
Jorge
2017-07-13 16:27:38 UTC
av
Antoine, please, leave a note here when/if you scan the other one too (the one that's not the preliminary), please!

Thanks,
Jorge.
Antoine Vignau
av
Jorge
2017-07-13 18:25:54 UTC
Post by Antoine Vignau
Done ;-)
av
Mercie beaucoup :-)

Wow, I didn't know this card had a RAM based character generator, that's cool !
Jorge.
Antoine Vignau
2017-07-13 19:03:23 UTC
You are welcome, Jorge!
And thank you for your words in French :-)

Antoine

James Davis
Sorry Jorge, but the one I have is the Apple manual.
Antoine Vignau
2017-07-13 17:38:22 UTC
Post by James Davis
Post by Jorge
Post by James Davis
Post by Jorge
[...]
The final manual is also there now, it took more time to upload as it is more MB in size :-)

Antoine
James Davis
2017-07-13 06:21:29 UTC
Also from Wikipedia, <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sup%27R%27Terminal>.