CBII production run 2?
Add Reply
s***@gmail.com
2017-10-12 01:49:56 UTC
Hi everyone,

We have the opportunity for another Carte Blanche II run. Would anyone be interested?

This time it would be just the board only (exactly the same version as last time), and the target price would be around US$195 plus shipping.

Anyway, it would be great to hear what you think.

Cheers,
Steve
STYNX
2017-10-12 02:22:13 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Hi everyone,
We have the opportunity for another Carte Blanche II run. Would anyone be interested?
This time it would be just the board only (exactly the same version as last time), and the target price would be around US$195 plus shipping.
Anyway, it would be great to hear what you think.
Cheers,
Steve
I would be on board for one. I would like to have some of your already designed expansion boards/connectors :-)

-Jonas
w***@gmail.com
2017-10-12 03:49:34 UTC
Yes please! Wasn't around back when they first came out. The CFFA3K run is next month though, and I'm buying two. And Christmas is in December. When would the project start, so i could set aside some money?
Anthony Ortiz
I'd buy one!
Phuge
2017-10-12 12:57:57 UTC
Please put me down for one.
Mark D. Overholser
2017-10-12 14:55:17 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Hi everyone,
We have the opportunity for another Carte Blanche II run. Would anyone be interested?
This time it would be just the board only (exactly the same version
as last time), and the target price would be around US$195 plus
shipping.
Anyway, it would be great to hear what you think.
Cheers, Steve
I would be interested...

What is the Time Line your are looking at???

MarkO
Jorge
2017-10-12 15:18:08 UTC
What is a Carte Blanche ?
Anthony Ortiz
2017-10-12 16:01:26 UTC
@Jorge: http://www.applelogic.org/CarteBlancheII.html

I read somewhere that it's open source, but I can't seem to find the schematics... was interested in seeing what it's using for 5/3.3v level translation and bus tri-state control.

Board seems pretty tight, I wonder if they do the soldering themselves.
Jorge
2017-10-12 16:16:30 UTC
Who is/are behind that? Alex Freed? Mike Willegal?
Mark D. Overholser
2017-10-12 16:31:28 UTC
Post by Jorge
Post by Anthony Ortiz
@Jorge: http://www.applelogic.org/CarteBlancheII.html
I read somewhere that it's open source, but I can't seem to find
the schematics... was interested in seeing what it's using for
5/3.3v level translation and bus tri-state control.
Board seems pretty tight, I wonder if they do the soldering
themselves.
Who is/are behind that? Alex Freed? Mike Willegal?
A gentleman from Australia, named Steven Howell...

<http://www.applelogic.org/SRKH/SRKHdesigns.html>

MarkO
Jorge
2017-10-12 20:51:58 UTC
Thank you MarkO
Mark D. Overholser
2017-10-12 16:23:34 UTC
@Jorge: http://www.applelogic.org/CarteBlancheII.html
I read somewhere that it's open source, but I can't seem to find the schematics... was interested in seeing what it's using for 5/3.3v level translation and bus tri-state control.
<http://www.applelogic.org/files/CB2.0.pdf>

From Page:
<http://www.applelogic.org/CarteBlancheIIDR.html>
Post by Anthony Ortiz
Board seems pretty tight, I wonder if they do the soldering themselves.
I was done at a Contract Manufacture in China, IIRC...

MarkO
Mark D. Overholser
2017-10-12 16:17:55 UTC
Post by Jorge
What is a Carte Blanche ?
It's a XILINX 400AN FPGA (XC3S400AN-4FG400C) on an Apple ][ Card with a
48 Pin ZIF and additional Hardware including VGA and HDMI...

<http://www.applelogic.org/CarteBlancheII.html>

There are Seven Pages of projects that you can Download and Install on it:
<http://www.applelogic.org/CarteBlancheIIProj1.html>

The FPGA can be "programed" to "mimic" various kinds of Hardware like
the Mocking Board or the Z80 on a Micro-Soft Soft Card.

MarkO
1***@gmail.com
2017-10-12 17:06:18 UTC
Steve, I am interested!

Lutz
g***@alice.it
2017-10-13 05:32:08 UTC
Please put me down for one.
Thanks
Giorgio

Apple II and Apple III forever !!!
C Cooper
2017-10-12 18:50:18 UTC
Please put me down for one also, or tell me where to send the funds.
m***@gmail.com
2017-10-15 14:44:58 UTC
I am also interested in this board. Thank you.
w***@gmail.com
2017-10-13 12:56:26 UTC
Hi,

Please put me down as well!

John
Egan Ford
2017-10-13 14:06:36 UTC
Interested in one. Thanks.
a***@gmail.com
2017-10-13 16:07:58 UTC
I would also be interested. Thanks!
Jean-Michel Paris
I would like to buy one!
James Davis
2017-10-15 16:28:23 UTC
Hi,
Any idea what does the Zipchip do with the apple II bus when it's running code that's 100% in its cache?
For example: loop jmp loop , after 3 sync read cycles from the MLB's RAM that code runs 100% off the cache, but the MLB cycles continue... what does the Zipchip put on the Apple II bus then? Reads? Writes? To where?
Any ideas?
--
Jorge.
Any write to a memory location is synchronized with the Apple II memory. This is accomplished by the ZIP-ASIC and may even be buffered (but I doubt that). Sadly the ZIP-Chip ASIC has not been analyzed yet. Here are high resolution DIE shots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5SAWSGa49rLamJSZTloVkphQjA

Steve
b***@gmail.com
2017-10-15 18:01:12 UTC
Interested.
d***@gmail.com
2017-10-15 18:10:45 UTC
Please put me down for one. I would definitely like to buy one.

Thank you
d***@gmail.com
2017-10-15 18:12:30 UTC
Please put me down for one. I definitely would like to get in on this run.

Thanks,
Neil
ted
2017-10-16 01:30:36 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Hi everyone,
We have the opportunity for another Carte Blanche II run. Would anyone be interested?
This time it would be just the board only (exactly the same version as last time), and the target price would be around US$195 plus shipping.
Anyway, it would be great to hear what you think.
Cheers,
Steve
I am very much interested too. I would buy 2 if allowed.

thank you.
j***@gmail.com
2017-10-16 11:16:07 UTC
Sign me up! Do you think you will have them ready before Xmas?