Copy files from Prodos/Basic.System
b***@gmail.com
2017-08-10 15:02:25 UTC
Anyone know of a command line program that works from inside Basic.System (ProDOS) that can copy files? I don't want to have to start up a special file copying program (Copy II+, Prodos Utils, etc) just to copy a file. Writing my own would be interesting, but I have other projects I want to work on. I'm looking for something like the MS-DOS (cmd.exe) "copy" command or the UNIX/Linux "cp" command. Thanks! :-)
Steve Nickolas
2017-08-10 17:40:48 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Anyone know of a command line program that works from inside
Basic.System (ProDOS) that can copy files? I don't want to have to start
up a special file copying program (Copy II+, Prodos Utils, etc) just to
copy a file. Writing my own would be interesting, but I have other
projects I want to work on. I'm looking for something like the MS-DOS
(cmd.exe) "copy" command or the UNIX/Linux "cp" command. Thanks! :-)
One is on the FrEdWriter disk.

-uso.
b***@gmail.com
I downloaded the disk from asimov and it doesn't have a copy program, which is strange because I seem to remember seeing something like that when I looked at this program before, or maybe it was freewriter.
Marco Verpelli
2017-08-10 17:43:09 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Anyone know of a command line program that works from inside Basic.System (ProDOS) that can copy files? I don't want to have to start up a special file copying program (Copy II+, Prodos Utils, etc) just to copy a file. Writing my own would be interesting, but I have other projects I want to work on. I'm looking for something like the MS-DOS (cmd.exe) "copy" command or the UNIX/Linux "cp" command. Thanks! :-)
Aux Commands by Bill Tudor - SoftDisk.
I'm not 100% sure but there was also something similar in Nibble.

Marco
Hugh Hood
2017-08-10 18:21:42 UTC
Bill,

Glen (ProSel) Bredon's 'ProCmd' adds a 'COPY' command to ProDOS, along with
a few other commands.

It's good enough that I even paid for it many, many years ago.

You can choose as many commands as you like, and I've even used them with
BASIC programs that I've compiled with the Beagle Compiler.

Use MacGUI's 'Spyglass' feature and look inside the 'COMMANDS' directory for
a listing:

<http://macgui.com/downloads/?file_id=12116&keywords=procmd>

The docs are on the disk, IIRC.

Hugh Hood
Benoit0123
2017-08-10 20:51:48 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Anyone know of a command line program that works from inside Basic.System
(ProDOS) that can copy files? I don't want to have to start up a special
file copying program (Copy II+, Prodos Utils, etc) just to copy a file.
Writing my own would be interesting, but I have other projects I want to
work on. I'm looking for something like the MS-DOS (cmd.exe) "copy"
command
or the UNIX/Linux "cp" command. Thanks! :-)
This subject has already been processed here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topicsearchin/comp.sys.apple2/Benoit/comp.sys.apple2/_MliwFOpRPY
HopeThisHelpsAsTheySay
Benoît
--
Growing old is mandatory..
growing up is optional..
But the other way round is as true.
b***@gmail.com
2017-08-11 13:25:19 UTC
Post by Benoit0123
Post by b***@gmail.com
Anyone know of a command line program that works from inside Basic.System
(ProDOS) that can copy files? I don't want to have to start up a special
file copying program (Copy II+, Prodos Utils, etc) just to copy a file.
Writing my own would be interesting, but I have other projects I want to
work on. I'm looking for something like the MS-DOS (cmd.exe) "copy"
command
or the UNIX/Linux "cp" command. Thanks! :-)
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topicsearchin/comp.sys.apple2/Benoit/comp.sys.apple2/_MliwFOpRPY
HopeThisHelpsAsTheySay
Benoît
--