Telnet65
Oliver Schmidt
2017-06-04 20:08:50 UTC
Hi,

I just finalized my work on Telnet65 v1.0, a VT100 Telnet client. It
is based on IP65 combined with the VT100 code of Cater
(http://www.opppf.de/Cater/). Both IP65 and Cater are written in pure
6502 assembler code. For my port of Cater from the C64 to the Apple II
I implemented higly optimized code that writes directly to the 80
column text screen so the overall performance is supposed to be pretty
close to the maximum.

Telnet65 requires at least an enhanced //e. It doesn't have any fancy
feature like a scroll back buffer or a file transfer utility. Rather
it's just a plain VT100 terminal emulator. However I tried hard to map
the VT100 line drawing characters to Apple Mouse Text characters in
the best way possible.

Telnet65 supports the LANceGS, the Uthernet and the Uthernet II. With
the latter it supports the W5100 Shared Access convention
(https://github.com/a2retrosystems/uthernet2/wiki/W5100-Shared-Access).
Therefore you can use Telnet65 simultaneously with the ADTPro Virtual
Ethernet Drive (http://adtpro.sourceforge.net/vedrive.html).

Telnet65 download + docu:
https://github.com/oliverschmidt/ip65/releases

Regards,
Oliver
6***@gmail.com
2017-06-04 21:30:18 UTC
Great! Thanks!
6***@gmail.com
2017-06-05 10:33:20 UTC
Works very good!

I changed the Slot from 3 to 5 where my Uthernet Card is and connected to A 80's Apple II BBS ( a80sappleiibbs.ddns.net:6502 ) - fast and fine working connection!
Oliver Schmidt
2017-06-05 13:39:53 UTC
Hi,
Post by 6***@gmail.com
I changed the Slot from 3 to 5 where my Uthernet Card is and connected to A 80's Apple II BBS ( a80sappleiibbs.ddns.net:6502 ) - fast and fine working connection!
Thanks for the positive feedback both on the retro style ;-)
configuration and the overall operation.

Regards,
Oliver
Oliver Schmidt
2017-06-05 19:05:34 UTC
[...] Telnet65 v1.0 [...]
I fixed some issues -> v1.1

Oliver
Oliver Schmidt
2017-10-04 20:48:41 UTC
Post by Oliver Schmidt
[...] Telnet65 v1.0 [...]
I fixed some issues -> v1.1
I just released v1.2:

- Beside some minor issues I fixed a bug in IP65 (the TCP/IP stack
used by Telnet65) that kept Telnet65 from connecting successfully to
several types of servers.

- Telnet65 is now also available for the Atari (beside the Apple //
and the C64).