IIgs AOL Client
Jeff Ramsey
2018-02-05 17:38:02 UTC
I found the old AppleLink client at http://www.whatisthe2gs.apple2.org.za/applelink, and it got me thinking, was there ever an AOL client for the IIgs, and if so, could I use it with TCPser to connect to the AOL servers still?
Kelvin Sherlock
2018-02-06 06:07:17 UTC
AppleLink became AOL and the AppleLink IIgs client became the AOL IIgs
client. AOL dropped A2/AppleLink support in late 1994 so you're 24
years too late. If you're ambitious enough, you could reverse engineer
the AppleLink protocol and write your own replacement backend, then
dial in with TCPSer.

Screenshots:

https://apple2history.org/history/ah22/#07
-------
ProLine: ***@pro-kegs
James Davis
2018-02-06 02:38:53 UTC
Post by Jeff Ramsey
I found the old AppleLink client at http://www.whatisthe2gs.apple2.org.z
a/applelink, and it got me thinking, was there ever an AOL client for the
IIgs, and if so, could I use it with TCPser to connect to the AOL servers still?
-------
A representative/president of AOL told us (at an Apple Club meeting at San Leandro H.S., CA, USA) back then that they were discontinuing all support for Apple II computers in favor of the Mac & IBM variety.