Mirroring Archive images to Asimov?
KP
2020-11-16 18:31:38 UTC
Is anyone creating an automatic mirror of Apple II disk images from archive.org on asimov.net? I love the repository at Archive, but it would be much easier to download them if I could simply pull the whole set via FTP from Asimov. I am not aware of any similar mass-retrieval option for Archive.
Glaeken Trismegestus
2020-11-17 07:54:13 UTC
Post by KP
Is anyone creating an automatic mirror of Apple II disk images from
archive.org on asimov.net? I love the repository at Archive, but it
would be much easier to download them if I could simply pull the whole
set via FTP from Asimov. I am not aware of any similar mass-retrieval
option for Archive.
There is a mirroring tool, it lets you do stuff like this:

ia download --search='collection:apple_ii_library_4am' --no-directories --
glob=\*zip

Here is some info:

http://blog.archive.org/2019/06/05/the-ia-client-the-swiss-army-knife-of-
internet-archive/