appleiibot demo
v***@pianoman.cluster.toy
2020-11-22 00:52:53 UTC
Hello

I just released a new demo at the Demosplash conference.
http://deater.net/weave/vmwprod/botdemo/

It's made up of a bunch of my 280-char twitter applbot demos with some
Mockingboard music playing in the background.

It was actually more complicated than I thought it would be to call into
the LIST and similar Applesoft routines as they tend to hard-jump back
to the input parser rather than RTSing back at the end.

Unlike my other demos this one targets the Apple IIe as it has some
double-hires and lowercase. You also will need a Mockingboard in slot#4
as it in timer interrupt driven.

Vince
Kent Dickey
2020-12-03 01:38:03 UTC
http://youtu.be/iVDgdfKe9eQ
It's made up of a bunch of my 280-char twitter applbot demos with some
Mockingboard music playing in the background.
It was actually more complicated than I thought it would be to call into
the LIST and similar Applesoft routines as they tend to hard-jump back
to the input parser rather than RTSing back at the end.
Unlike my other demos this one targets the Apple IIe as it has some
double-hires and lowercase. You also will need a Mockingboard in slot#4
as it in timer interrupt driven.
Vince
Very cool demos! I like the music, too.

Is there an easy way to manually run the Applesoft demos one at a time?

Kent
qkumba
2020-12-03 04:40:53 UTC
If you visit the AppleBot Twitter account, you can find them there right now.
Otherwise, we'll have to wait for a release from Deater.
Kent Dickey
2020-12-03 16:30:45 UTC
Post by qkumba
If you visit the AppleBot Twitter account, you can find them there right now.
Otherwise, we'll have to wait for a release from Deater.
I tried looking at twitter.com/appleiibot, but I don't see the code there
either. For instance, at
https://twitter.com/AppleIIBot/status/1312603709969326080 it's just the
video of it running.

I don't have a twitter account (and don't want one).

Kent
Charlie
2020-12-03 16:40:04 UTC
Post by Kent Dickey
Post by qkumba
If you visit the AppleBot Twitter account, you can find them there right now.
Otherwise, we'll have to wait for a release from Deater.
I tried looking at twitter.com/appleiibot, but I don't see the code there
either. For instance, at
https://twitter.com/AppleIIBot/status/1312603709969326080 it's just the
video of it running.
I don't have a twitter account (and don't want one).
Kent
I don't have a twitter account either but when I go to the link you
provided the code is above the running demo (in Deater's tweet).

Charlie
qkumba
2020-12-05 04:04:17 UTC
Right. The video is in response to the tweet that contains the code, so if you view the tweet then you can copy it out.
No need for an account.
v***@pianoman.cluster.toy
2020-12-06 03:36:28 UTC
Post by qkumba
Right. The video is in response to the tweet that contains the code, so if you view the tweet then you can copy it out.
No need for an account.
the raw basic programs are also available on github:
https://github.com/deater/dos33fsprogs/tree/master/appleiibot
there's also an appleiibot.dsk image in that directory if you want
to use that instead.

Vince