Double Hi Res on a IIe
can...@gmail.com
2020-11-14 23:49:14 UTC
I've read that you need a rev-B IIe motherboard to be able to use double hi-res graphics.
I have an enhanced IIe (rev-A) on the workbench that can't display DHGR.

but what are the differences between the rev-A and the rev-B motherboard and is there anything that can be modified on the rev-A board in order to display DHGR properly?
awanderin
2020-11-15 00:50:30 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
I've read that you need a rev-B IIe motherboard to be able to use double hi-res graphics.
I have an enhanced IIe (rev-A) on the workbench that can't display DHGR.
but what are the differences between the rev-A and the rev-B
motherboard and is there anything that can be modified on the rev-A
board in order to display DHGR properly?
Good summary and links here:

https://retrocomputing.stackexchange.com/questions/1034/what-was-the-change-to-the-apple-e-motherboard-that-allowed-for-double-hires-g

--
Jerry awanderin at gmail dot com