Sending a voice message 2 a recipient with Apple Mail
Roger Roesler
2020-11-09 14:38:02 UTC
Hello,

I want to send an email with a voice message as an attachement to a
recipient in the United States. The recipient has an Apple PC with Mac
OS X Mail 11.5 \(3445.9.7\). To do this, I recorded an audio message in
WAV file format and converted it into an appropriate format. I chose
this format for the conversion:

Format : MPEG-4 (H.264)
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom
File size : 1.34 MiB
Duration : 2mn 2s
Overall bit rate : 91.9 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2020-11-09 15:22:44
Tagged date : UTC 2020-11-09 15:22:44
Writing application : Lavf56.7.104

Audio
ID : 1
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format version : Version 4
Format profile : Main
Format settings, SBR : Yes
Format settings, PS : No
Codec ID : 40
Duration : 2mn 2s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 91.1 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 256 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : L R
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Resolution : 16 bits
Stream size : 1.33 MiB (99%)
Language : German

Can the recipient easily listen to this message? Unfortunately, I have
no idea about Macs.

TIA
ЯR
barana
ЯR
barana
This group is for Apple II's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_II - not Macintosh. You'll be wanting comp.sys.mac .
Vintage Electronics
2020-11-10 15:32:33 UTC
Ich wuerde erst einmal empfehlen sich mit der Materie E-Mail vertraut zu machen.
Du hast hier an die adresse Apple2 gesended . Der Apple2 ist ein 40 Jahre altes System.

Lern erst mal wie man posted dan kommt der rest von selbst und Du wirst die Antwort auf Deine Frage selbst finden.

Gruss,
Wolfgang
Roger Roesler
2020-11-11 22:53:49 UTC
Post by Vintage Electronics
Ich wuerde erst einmal empfehlen sich mit der Materie E-Mail vertraut zu machen.
Du hast hier an die adresse Apple2 gesended . Der Apple2 ist ein 40 Jahre altes System.
Lern erst mal wie man posted dan kommt der rest von selbst und Du
wirst die Antwort auf Deine Frage selbst finden.
Gruss,
Wolfgang
I c, you are an expert. Full quote and respond on top. Thanks 4 your
very helpful hints, Wolfgang. Sorry 4 my mistake. Are you an internet
cop? :-D
ЯR
Vintage Electronics
2020-11-12 21:18:39 UTC
You are welcome.

BTW this is the year 2020 not the 1990's

Just send the audio file and see if the other party can read it.
Chances are high they can.

Best regards fom Arizona