Trying to find old MS-DOS like ProDOS shell from Pinpoint
Brian J. Bernstein
2020-11-23 22:42:06 UTC
Many years ago I downloaded an "MS-DOS Simulator" from a BBS which was a ProDOS shell called 'COMMAND.COM' from (I believe) Pinpoint Publishing. The shell was launched by running IO.SYSTEM.

I've been trying to find the image online without any luck. It is very similar to DaveX, FWIW.

Does anyone remember this software and know if it has been archived? I'd like to find a clean install image of it if possible.

Thanks!
mmphosis
2020-11-24 03:05:32 UTC
https://www.applefritter.com/content/us-dos-or-other-ms-dos-emulator
Scott Alfter
2020-11-24 18:58:21 UTC
Post by Brian J. Bernstein
Many years ago I downloaded an "MS-DOS Simulator" from a BBS which was a
ProDOS shell called 'COMMAND.COM' from (I believe) Pinpoint Publishing.
The shell was launched by running IO.SYSTEM.
I've been trying to find the image online without any luck. It is very
similar to DaveX, FWIW.
Does anyone remember this software and know if it has been archived? I'd
like to find a clean install image of it if possible.
I thought I'd had it on my BBS, so I checked the archive I'd sent to
Ground back in the day...didn't see it there, but I found it here:

https://mirrors.apple2.org.za/ground.icaen.uiowa.edu/apple8/Shell/CommandCom/

Speaking of Apple II stuff from my BBS, that archive is over here:

https://mirrors.apple2.org.za/ground.icaen.uiowa.edu/Collections/SkunkWorks/

It's not a huge collection as I only had at most 120 MB online from 1990 to
1994 and this is just the Apple II content, but there may be a rarity or
two in there. :)

_/_
(IIGS( https://alfter.us/ Top-posting!
\_^_/ >What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?