emai//er 2.0.0 for //e & GS - Now supports Usenet!!
b***@gmail.com
2020-10-30 19:34:00 UTC
Hi everyone,

I am pleased to announce the release of version 2.0.0 of the Emai//er suite
for the Apple //e enhanced and GS with Uthernet-II ethernet card.

https://www.github.com/bobbimanners/emailler/releases/tag/emailler-v2.0.0

Emai//er now supports Usenet news. I am writing this message using my Apple
//e. Key features are as follows:

- Friendly user interface
- Email reception using POP3 protocol
- Email transmission using SMTP protocol
- Gateway to allow access to encrypted services such as Gmail (Rasp Pi)
- Decoding of MIME encoded message bodies and attached files
- Composing MIME emails with attached files
- Usenet newsgroup subscription
- Posting of Usenet news articles
- Includes a fully-featured text editor for message composition

All the best,
Bobbi
Todd Holcomb
2020-10-31 03:59:26 UTC
Very cool - my next post here will be from my IIgs!
Ewen
2020-10-31 07:57:40 UTC
Todd ,
Post by Todd Holcomb
Very cool - my next post here will be from my IIgs!
I do not wish to rain on Bobbi's parade, but you have been able to post
here using the IIgs for many years:

https://speccie.uk/software/snap/

And of course do lots of other things with the IIgs and an Uthernet
card:

https://speccie.uk/software/

Cheers - Speccie
barana
Yeah, the problem with that - in particular the PPC luddites- is, asking Sheppy to update v 2.3.1 of sweet16 to support uthernet emulation gets a source not found error. AKA rack off hairy legs error.
Ewen
2020-11-08 08:11:47 UTC
Post by barana
Yeah, the problem with that - in particular the PPC luddites- is, asking
Sheppy to update v 2.3.1 of sweet16 to support uthernet emulation
gets a source not found error. AKA rack off hairy legs error.
Marinetti already supports Sweet16 using the Sweet16 Link Layer. Sweet16
is only one option amongst the other cards and interfaces that Marinetti
supports.

BTW, the latest version of Sweet16 is 3.0b3...

In any case, you can use all of my online software on a real IIgs, with
either of the Uthernet cards where appropriate.

If you are getting a problem with Marinetti 3.0b3, you need to report it
to the Source Forge project page:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/marinetti/files/

If you have a oroblem with the Sweet16 Link Layer, you need to report it
to myself. You can find the email address at the end of the Link Layer
Manual PDF on my website:

https://speccie.uk/speccie/downloads/link_layer_manual.pdf

Cheers - Ewen
barana
2020-11-08 09:06:30 UTC
Post by Ewen
Yeah, the problem with that - in particular the PPC luddites- is, asking
Sheppy to update v 2.3.1 of sweet16 to support uthernet emulation
gets a source not found error. AKA rack off hairy legs error.
Marinetti already supports Sweet16 using the Sweet16 Link Layer. Sweet16
is only one option amongst the other cards and interfaces that Marinetti
supports.
BTW, the latest version of Sweet16 is 3.0b3...
In any case, you can use all of my online software on a real IIgs, with
either of the Uthernet cards where appropriate.
If you are getting a problem with Marinetti 3.0b3, you need to report it
https://sourceforge.net/projects/marinetti/files/
If you have a oroblem with the Sweet16 Link Layer, you need to report it
to myself. You can find the email address at the end of the Link Layer
https://speccie.uk/speccie ppcwnloads/link_layer_manual.pdf
Cheers - Ewen
V3.x is not PPC
As I said above, .
Ewen
2020-11-09 07:47:45 UTC
Post by barana
V3.x is not PPC
As I said above, .
Very little now supports PPC, as most people complain that Sweet16 is
only a 32 bit app, let alone have it being compatible with Apple
silicon...

Cheers - Ewen
barana
2020-11-10 00:37:41 UTC
Post by Ewen
Post by barana
V3.x is not PPC
As I said above, .
Very little now supports PPC, as most people complain that Sweet16 is
only a 32 bit app, let alone have it being compatible with Apple
silicon...
Cheers - Ewen
Heh by that Logic we should drop support for the 6502 nmos, as its depreciated. No sense in supporting the older cpus, aye? II+s' cant run all prodos titles...
I dont see how much different it is to fire up an emulator to test ppc binaries compared to fireing up the emulator we are talking about to use the superceded software we run. ... and test the new software we write on the II.
As for the possible argument of ppc being unused, the tenfourfox browser has surely shown that argument null()
D Finnigan
2020-10-31 14:44:12 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Hi everyone,
I am pleased to announce the release of version 2.0.0 of the Emai//er suite
for the Apple //e enhanced and GS with Uthernet-II ethernet card.
https://www.github.com/bobbimanners/emailler/releases/tag/emailler-v2.0.0
Emai//er now supports Usenet news. I am writing this message using my Apple
Fantastic job! Your Internet suite keeps getting better and better. I am so
glad that someone is finally using the built-in TCP/IP stack of the Uthernet
II (W5100) to make email, Usenet, and other practical applications for the
8-bit Apple.
--
]DF$
The New Apple II User's Guide:
https://macgui.com/newa2guide/
Lucas Regh
2020-11-04 18:15:17 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Hi everyone,
I am pleased to announce the release of version 2.0.0 of the Emai//er suite
for the Apple //e enhanced and GS with Uthernet-II ethernet card.
https://www.github.com/bobbimanners/emailler/releases/tag/emailler-v2.0.0
Emai//er now supports Usenet news. I am writing this message using my Apple
- Friendly user interface
- Email reception using POP3 protocol
- Email transmission using SMTP protocol
- Gateway to allow access to encrypted services such as Gmail (Rasp Pi)
- Decoding of MIME encoded message bodies and attached files
- Composing MIME emails with attached files
- Usenet newsgroup subscription
- Posting of Usenet news articles
- Includes a fully-featured text editor for message composition
All the best,
Bobbi
Wow, that sounds pretty impressive!
Nice project
barana
2020-11-07 18:48:11 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Hi everyone,
I am pleased to announce the release of version 2.0.0 of the Emai//er suite
for the Apple //e enhanced and GS with Uthernet-II ethernet card.
https://www.github.com/bobbimanners/emailler/releases/tag/emailler-v2.0.0
Emai//er now supports Usenet news. I am writing this message using my Apple
- Friendly user interface
- Email reception using POP3 protocol
- Email transmission using SMTP protocol
- Gateway to allow access to encrypted services such as Gmail (Rasp Pi)
- Decoding of MIME encoded message bodies and attached files
- Composing MIME emails with attached files
- Usenet newsgroup subscription
- Posting of Usenet news articles
- Includes a fully-featured text editor for message composition
All the best,
Bobbi
Bobbi,
Did you know your image of 2.0.0 does not seem to contain nntp.system and a few more files as the documentation indicates?
I got all cosy and ready to get things going tonight... :(
b***@gmail.com
2020-11-08 22:45:00 UTC
Hi there,

You are quite right! I must have attached the wrong disk image. I have
fixed it now, so please go to GitHub and download again. Thanks for letting
me know!

All the best,
Bobbi
.