Monkey Island proof-of-concept for Apple II+
v***@pianoman.cluster.toy
2020-09-20 16:49:54 UTC
Hello,

I put together the intro to the game "The Secret of Monkey Island"
and some very limited proof-of-concet gameplay for it.
http://www.deater.net/weave/vmwprod/monkey/

It put this together pretty quickly. It re-uses the engine to
Myst, and the Mockingboard music comes from an Amstrad CPC demo.

It is in Lo-res again. There's info on the website if you have
any questions on the feasability of other graphics modes. If you
still think HGR/DHR/DLORES/SHR would be better, then I encourage you
to code it up so we can see.

Vince
Michael 'AppleWin Debugger Dev'
2020-09-21 16:34:22 UTC
WOW. Beautiful work Vince! The theme song sounds great too.

(I definitely need to do an DHGR version once Nox Archaist wraps up.)

Michael
v***@pianoman.cluster.toy
2020-09-21 19:13:28 UTC
Post by Michael 'AppleWin Debugger Dev'
WOW. Beautiful work Vince! The theme song sounds great too.
The theme song is the whole reason I did this.

The music was put together by someone else for an Amstrad CPC demo.

It's in ym format, so decompressed it takes 30k which made it a tight
fit for the II+, part of why I was doing things in lo-res.

The other reason I didn't for for at least regular hires is because
I wanted to do the background cloud animation and I don't have any
ready-to-go hires sprite code yet. Though in the end you can't really
see the cloud because I had to make the text bigger to be legible
at lores resolution.

Vince
barana
2020-10-08 00:54:11 UTC
Post by v***@pianoman.cluster.toy
WOW. Beautiful work Vince! The theme song sounds great too.
The theme song is the whole reason I did this.
The music was put together by someone else for an Amstrad CPC demo.
It's in ym format, so decompressed it takes 30k which made it a tight
fit for the II+, part of why I was doing things in lo-res.
The other reason I didn't for for at least regular hires is because
I wanted to do the background cloud animation and I don't have any
ready-to-go hires sprite code yet. Though in the end you can't really
see the cloud because I had to make the text bigger to be legible
at lores resolution.
Vince
wow! love it! yeah would be great to see it done using the trolls tales engine or the like.... and dghr ... worth beer money....
cool, announcement 3 days after speak like a pirate day...
reposted on the MI fans FB group...
Arrrgh I think ye code like yon Dairy Farmer!