Rockin' Kat
2020-09-22 08:17:57 UTC
Hi,

I was messing around with Print Shop IIgs for the first time in over a decade and I noticed on Alex Lee's website it says that the application is hard drive installable. So I took a look in the reference manual and saw it said that the setup menu would prompt to choose between HD install or printer config. However, it just goes straight to printer config and then back to the main menu.

Anyway, I just dragged the disk contents to a folder ProDOS hard drive partition and that seems to work. But now I'm just wondering: Is there a way to add bonus fonts, graphics, etc to the folder so that they just show up in their respective menus with samples like the pre-loaded stuff or is the "From Other Disk" choice the only way to load other files? ... I mean, it works.. but then you can't really just scroll through stuff, you have to pick something, move forward until you can preview the document to see if what you chose was actually something you wanted.

-Matthew Carpenter
Alex Lee
2020-09-23 05:49:16 UTC
Post by Rockin' Kat
[...]
Hi Matt,

On my 32meg volume for Productivity and Creative Apps, I've put
together Print Shop, Print Shop Companion and the official Broderbund
art disks all in the same directory. In theory, you should see all the
content provided with each (e.g. original Print Shop IIGS assets can be
seen in Print Shop Companion and vice versa).

Here's the download link:

www.whatisthe2gs.apple2.org.za/files/Productivity_and_Graphics.zip

It can be found if you scroll down the homepage of WITA2GS? along with
links to all currently available 32meg volumes.

www.whatisthe2gs.apple2.org.za

I plan on making these large volumes more easily discoverable in a
newer version of the site, it'll just take some time.

Alex
Hugh Hood
2020-09-24 00:32:28 UTC
Post by Alex Lee
On my 32meg volume for Productivity and Creative Apps, I've put
together Print Shop, Print Shop Companion and the official Broderbund
art disks all in the same directory. In theory, you should see all the
content provided with each (e.g. original Print Shop IIGS assets can be
seen in Print Shop Companion and vice versa).
Alex,

Please accept my thanks for your putting together those 32 meg
'collection' volumes of IIgs applications.

It's so nice to be able to launch one and then another without having to
track down the individual images and wade through an installer.

I found those to be most convenient and helpful when I was testing my
DirectConnect PostScript printer driver with various IIgs applications.

Hugh Hood
Alex Lee
2020-09-26 05:41:54 UTC
Post by Hugh Hood
Post by Alex Lee
On my 32meg volume for Productivity and Creative Apps, I've put
together Print Shop, Print Shop Companion and the official Broderbund
art disks all in the same directory. In theory, you should see all the
content provided with each (e.g. original Print Shop IIGS assets can be
seen in Print Shop Companion and vice versa).
Alex,
Please accept my thanks for your putting together those 32 meg
'collection' volumes of IIgs applications.
It's so nice to be able to launch one and then another without having
to track down the individual images and wade through an installer.
I found those to be most convenient and helpful when I was testing my
DirectConnect PostScript printer driver with various IIgs applications.
Hugh Hood
I'm very glad people are still getting good use out of them.

They'll only get better as qkumba and LoGo are now doing more hard
drive installable and System 6 friendly conversions.

Alex