MacTracker
Nicola
2018-01-25 10:04:47 UTC
MacTracker (https://mactracker.ca) has info about most, if not all,
Apple hardware (since the Apple I onwards), but in the OS category
lacks everything before the Macintosh. It would be nice if someone
could help the author include an overview and history of DOS and
ProDOS versions, including the recent updates!

Some people would be certainly surprised to know that the most
recent (and, I'd say, the most stable) update of an Apple OS is
not High Sierra or iOS!

Nicola
Your Name
2018-01-25 20:07:26 UTC
Post by Nicola
MacTracker (https://mactracker.ca) has info about most, if not all,
Apple hardware (since the Apple I onwards), but in the OS category
lacks everything before the Macintosh. It would be nice if someone
could help the author include an overview and history of DOS and
ProDOS versions, including the recent updates!
Some people would be certainly surprised to know that the most
recent (and, I'd say, the most stable) update of an Apple OS is
not High Sierra or iOS!
The "most recent" update was Apple updating *all* of its current
operating systems (macOS, iOS, tvOS, watchOS) only a couple of days ago.

The recent "updates" to Apple II DOS and ProDOS are not official Apple
releases, so don't really belong in MacTracker, except perhaps as a
footnote.