Midi2Mock V2 announcements... incoming soon!
Tom Porter
2018-01-27 14:11:45 UTC
Midi2Mock Gen2 available soon in three different configurations.

1. First up is Midi2Mock Mini, a 3 voice "stero" midi converter/player that has small compressed music files, 4 octaves and interrupt driven base, perfect for game development. A tiny 512 byte driver. Putting the finishing touches on it now... heres a Facebook video sample, and 2 disk image demos.
https://www.facebook.com/tom.porter.3192/videos/10155791125150923/
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rojdh55ypn91jr2/ISLAND2%20song.dsk?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iaktxcqh0ton6e4/mock%20mini%20prodos%20T.dsk?dl=0

2. Midi2Mock V2-Pro, continuing the work from the main V1 driver, a total overhal of its functions/features. 6 Voices, envelope "voice font" swaps and interrupt driven. The Workhorse of the Midi2Mock stable lineup with excellent sound and pushing those AY chips in a unique way. Convert those Midi files!
https://www.facebook.com/tom.porter.3192/videos/10155780967080923/

3. Midi2Mock - Street Edition. I am happy to report that soon you will be able to easily import AY music from a host of other systems like Amiga and Atari... convert and play music just like the French Touch demos! A work in progress, but will happen very soon. *Facebook video.
https://www.facebook.com/tom.porter.3192/videos/10155791101770923/
Tom Porter
2018-01-29 02:07:46 UTC
To demonstrate the mockingboard driver, here is a small mini game I created a while back, and added the 'VeCaves" soundtrack similar found in the Vectrex game...

VECAVES II- Eat to Survive mini demo with full mockingboard support!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ardrd6rafkcduqz/Vecave%20mock%20demo.dsk?dl=0
Matthew Power
2018-05-13 00:31:26 UTC
Very much looking forward to V2-Pro and Street Edition.
Tom Porter
2018-07-17 11:37:25 UTC
Matthew... Midi2MOCK Street edition was going to be our attempt at converting the YM(5) music from the demo scene world into the APPLE II... however it appears VWM software has beat us to the punch by a long shot. Making our own version would be highly redundant at this point seeing how much work they have put into their own converter system, and how well it works. However, our different approach of MIDI music vrs YM(5) does fill a void and allows another alternative for music inputs, so we will continue to develop that side of things. Midi conversion may not sound as good as the YM, however one must consider YM music was specifically targeted to a AY-3 chips by (mostly) music composers.
So we will release a proof of concept of our Midi2Mock STREET edition for your code examination. The actual code to play this 20 second piece of uncompressed music is only 100 bytes for the player and 30 bytes for setup. And its interrupt driven to boot.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/obtarw2u5p6uf60/MIDI2MOCK%20-%20STREET%20EDITION.zip?dl=0
Tom Porter
2018-07-17 11:39:36 UTC
DEATER from VMW Software has created a fantastic YM5 music converter which I sort of overlooked back when it was released. At the time I wasn't sure how powerful a tool this was, but its undeniable how great the music sounds. YM5 files are custom specific tracker music specifically designed for the AY3 and its derivative chipsets and targets the demo scene. YM(5) music is what the famous French Touch also used for its demos and makes a powerful impression. With a little knowledge, you too can convert the available song libraries on the internet for more mockingboard goodness. Thank you VWM Software!

VMW Player/converter: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gs8795qisgzpt6g/VMW%20Chiptune%20Player.zip?dl=0

VMW Website: http://www.deater.net/weave/vmwprod/
Tom Porter
2018-07-17 11:48:43 UTC
As for Midi2Mock v2 Pro, we currently still are working on it... it will be more demo-scene like with its music output/conversion but its on the back-burner for the moment in leu of game production.

Our current version of Midi2Mock v1 is here, now with interrupt driven driver for your game development ect... https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0ldxehkebwbfeg/MIDI%20TO%20MOCK%20VER1.zip?dl=0

Also if interested, a Phasor version with different music samples ect..: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jz6emstwvouan2z/MIDI%20To%20PHASOR.zip?dl=0
v***@pianoman.cluster.toy
2018-07-18 05:31:38 UTC
Post by Tom Porter
DEATER from VMW Software has created a fantastic YM5 music converter
which I sort of overlooked back when it was released. At the time I
wasn't sure how powerful a tool this was, but its undeniable how great
the music sounds. YM5 files are custom specific tracker music
specifically designed for the AY3 and its derivative chipsets and
targets the demo scene. YM(5) music is what the famous French Touch
also used for its demos and makes a powerful impression. With a little
knowledge, you too can convert the available song libraries on the
internet for more mockingboard goodness. Thank you VWM Software!
Glad it's useful. Sorry the tools are a bit hard to use (and tend to
run best on Linux).

It's hard to fit a full ym5 file into 48k of RAM, which is why I have all
the various converters making incompatible sound formats, each targeting a
different use case.

I also double up some ym5 files to use all 6 channels of the Mockingboard,
but of course none of the real ym5 file players can handle that.

Vince