The Manager by BrainStorm/Seven Hills: Looking for English 1.5 Version
Dirk Froehling
2024-05-01 11:47:46 UTC

I'd like to install The Manager (MultiFinder for IIGS) on my IIGS. I
found a French version 1.5 on archive.org, but only an outdated 1.0
English version.

Is there an English 1.5 version (or newer) available somewhere? I don't
speak French...

Regards
Dirk
Alex Lee
2024-05-08 01:20:04 UTC
Post by Dirk Froehling
Hi,
I'd like to install The Manager (MultiFinder for IIGS) on my IIGS. I
found a French version 1.5 on archive.org, but only an outdated 1.0
English version.
Is there an English 1.5 version (or newer) available somewhere? I don't
speak French...
Regards
Dirk
Finding v1.5 in English of the Manager, TransProg III and Kangaroo are
all holy grails.

I've even tried sector editing in the English, but I think each v1.5 in
French has anti-tampering efforts that they no longer function after
sector editing.

Apparently there are no official versions in English of the latest
versions of these Brainstorm apps because Brainstorm had a falling out
with Seven Hills Software over an agreed future for these apps and
their implementation (that's based on posts from 20+ years ago here on
csa2.).

But if anyone else knows better, reach out.

Alex
Dirk Froehling
2024-05-20 11:37:34 UTC
Post by Alex Lee
Post by Dirk Froehling
Hi,
[...]
Thanks for the info, it is a pity, but I expected something like that...

Dirk