Looking for Checkmate "CPU port" card (65816) or Applied Engineering 65816 card
Ralph Hyre
2024-06-25 20:58:11 UTC
There were a few folks using these back before the Apple //gs was
shipping, but I haven't seen one for sale on ebay recently.

These were cards which supported replacing the 65c02 in the Apple //e
with a 65816 processor, but with no other //gs features.

Any leads appreciated

- Ralph Hyre
Michael J. Mahon
2024-07-18 06:04:14 UTC
Post by Ralph Hyre
There were a few folks using these back before the Apple //gs was
shipping, but I haven't seen one for sale on ebay recently.
These were cards which supported replacing the 65c02 in the Apple //e
with a 65816 processor, but with no other //gs features.
Any leads appreciated
- Ralph Hyre
Another somewhat simpler approach is to find a 65802 processor--an 8-bit
interface 65816 in a package with pinout compatible with the 6502.

They used to be medium available, but are now pretty rare.
--
-michael

NadaNet 3.1 for Apple II parallel computing!
Home page: http://michaeljmahon.com

"The wastebasket is our most important design
tool--and it's seriously underused."
Andrew Roughan
2024-07-19 00:28:20 UTC
Post by Ralph Hyre
These were cards which supported replacing the 65c02 in the Apple //e
with a 65816 processor, but with no other //gs features.
I used a 65816 in my platinum //e without an adapter for many years. Yes,
the pin outs don’t match completely, but it worked.

A2Heaven have a 65C816 -> 65C02 board for $35

Regards
Andrew