Request: Miner 2 Infinite Lives Hack
Tempest
2018-11-18 13:19:58 UTC
I have a request, can someone here hack Miner 2 for a large number of lives so I can see all the levels? I've loved this game since I was a kid but I could never get very far in it,

Is Miner 2 unique to the Apple? I think every other system got the official sequel instead.
qkumba
2018-11-18 19:13:09 UTC
Track 2 sector 01 address #$38, DE -> AD
for infinite lives.
Tempest
2018-11-18 19:21:33 UTC
Thank you. What's the best (easiest to use) program for editing sectors?
Steve Nickolas
2018-11-18 22:39:04 UTC
Post by Tempest
Thank you. What's the best (easiest to use) program for editing sectors?
Copy ][+ 6, 7 or 8 Bitcopy

-uso.
f***@hotmail.com
2018-11-20 16:47:43 UTC
Is there a trick to get BITCOPY.SYSTEM to run from a hard drive? I tried with CP2+ 8.4 and it crashed to the monitor.

-uso.
Steve Nickolas
2018-11-20 16:49:59 UTC
Post by f***@hotmail.com
Is there a trick to get BITCOPY.SYSTEM to run from a hard drive? I tried
with CP2+ 8.4 and it crashed to the monitor.
o.O

I've done it with several 6.x, 7.x and it's worked fine.

-uso.
f***@hotmail.com
-uso.
qkumba
2018-11-20 22:58:46 UTC
The likely explanation for that is the Text Conversion option is not set to "Don't convert".
Egan Ford
2018-11-19 01:01:18 UTC
Post by Tempest
Thank you. What's the best (easiest to use) program for editing sectors?
Depends on who you are, for me, using the .dsk image (as a single line
on linux or macos):

printf "\xAD" | dd of=miner2.dsk bs=1 seek=$(((2*16+1)*256+0x38))
count=1 conv=notrunc
Tempest
2018-11-19 02:48:19 UTC
I use Ubuntu so that will work perfectly.
Du Hast
2018-11-19 03:14:01 UTC
Post by Tempest
Thank you. What's the best (easiest to use) program for editing sectors?
Blockwarden. Part of Prosel.

Chewbagger by Ewen Wannop.
Antoine Vignau
2018-11-19 12:33:32 UTC
DiskFixer 4 from http://www.brutaldeluxe.fr/products/apple2/diskcopiers.html

av
Tempest
2018-11-19 14:28:52 UTC
That worked, thank you! Now if only I was better at it... :)
Denis Molony
2018-11-19 19:58:50 UTC
What's the best (easiest to use) program for editing Tempest?
Tempest
2018-11-20 05:53:18 UTC
I just used the Linux command.