MacGUI Downloads Collection?
Hugh Hood
2023-07-22 22:08:03 UTC
David,

I noticed you've taken down your MacGUI Downloads collection. Is this
temporary or is it gone for good?

<https://www.macgui.com/downloads/?cat_id=53>

I always considered it a great resource since it had your 'SpyGlass'
feature.

Hugh Hood
D Finnigan
2023-07-23 02:04:23 UTC
Post by Hugh Hood
David,
I noticed you've taken down your MacGUI Downloads collection. Is this
temporary or is it gone for good?
After hearing some people talk this past week I got the impression that they
consider it my obligation to distribute software for free on my web site for
perpetuity. :-0

I wanted to make a statement, and then it'll be back.
--
]DF$
The New Apple II User's Guide:
https://macgui.com/newa2guide/
Charlie
2023-07-23 14:56:13 UTC
Post by D Finnigan
Post by Hugh Hood
David,
I noticed you've taken down your MacGUI Downloads collection. Is this
temporary or is it gone for good?
After hearing some people talk this past week I got the impression that they
consider it my obligation to distribute software for free on my web site for
perpetuity. :-0
I wanted to make a statement, and then it'll be back.
David,

Please don't listen to the those people.
I'm sure there are many who appreciate the work you (and others) do. I
know I do, even if I don't say it as often as I should.

Thank you for helping to keep the Apple II alive,

Charlie
Oliver Schmidt
2023-07-23 22:13:11 UTC
Post by Charlie
I'm sure there are many who appreciate the work you (and others) do. I
know I do, even if I don't say it as often as I should.
Thank you for helping to keep the Apple II alive,
Me too!

Oliver
magnusfalkirk
2023-07-23 23:13:19 UTC
Post by Oliver Schmidt
Hi,
I'm sure there are many who appreciate the work you (and others) do. I
know I do, even if I don't say it as often as I should.
Thank you for helping to keep the Apple II alive,
Me too!
Oliver
I also appreciate your work!

magnus
mmphosis
2023-07-24 16:32:57 UTC
Post by magnusfalkirk
Post by Oliver Schmidt
Hi,
I'm sure there are many who appreciate the work you (and others) do. I
know I do, even if I don't say it as often as I should.
Thank you for helping to keep the Apple II alive,
Me too!
Oliver
I also appreciate your work!
magnus
Moi aussi / Me too!

mmphosis
D Finnigan
OK, guys. I get the picture! :-D
Steven Hirsch
2023-07-25 15:52:12 UTC
Post by D Finnigan
After hearing some people talk this past week I got the impression that they
consider it my obligation to distribute software for free on my web site for
perpetuity. :-0
Just ignore the nattering nabobs of negativism. Also, remember that famous
Latin phrase: "nullus illegitimi carborundum" (don't let the b*stards grind
you down).

Add me to the list of folks who has seriously benefited from your site and who
place no expectations or assumptions on you - just an extension of gratitude!

Steve
D Finnigan
2023-07-25 20:11:00 UTC
Post by Steven Hirsch
Post by D Finnigan
After hearing some people talk this past week I got the impression that they
consider it my obligation to distribute software for free on my web site for
perpetuity. :-0
Just ignore the nattering nabobs of negativism. Also, remember that famous
Latin phrase: "nullus illegitimi carborundum" (don't let the b*stards grind
you down).
Add me to the list of folks who has seriously benefited from your site and who
place no expectations or assumptions on you - just an extension of gratitude!
Steve
Yes, that's a good one; thanks for the reminder. I just stopped a guy who
had been running a scraper continuously against the site for the past
several days. Almost a million HTTP requests, and I was wondering why CPU
load and bandwidth was way up.

:-/

Some people had asked for the Vault DVD set, and I'll be mailing those out
ASAP. I ran out of DVD-Rs and I have to buy more.
cybernesto
2023-10-27 16:06:32 UTC
Post by D Finnigan
Post by D Finnigan
[...]
Is it now closed for good? The Mac GUI Downloads search function has allowed me to discover so many amazing things. It would be a big loss if it is gone.
I really hope you reconsider it or find a way to avoid the scrapers.